Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Zoodles Marinara


My brother & I made zucchini noodle pasta with our new julienne peeler I got from Cooks Exchange! My brother made the spinach marinara sauce while i made the "zoodles" (zucchini noodles). He will probably be the one to post the step by step stuff, but as for me, I'm content with just posting the gist of it.

It was almost vegan... until we added the parmesan cheese and we used leftover wagyu beef fat from yesterday's dinner instead of olive oil. It's not entirely good-for-you, but using zucchini noodles is a great way of cutting down the carbs from regular pasta noodles.

Main lesson learned that I want to share: saute the zoodles first separately to get rid of the excess liquid before combining with the sauce because we ended up having a very soupy dish. It was still good, but it watered down the sauce.

Also, for the core of the zucchini which I don't end up turning into zoodles, I chopped and blended them along with cucumber, orange, mangoes, spinach stems, ginger, and peppermint for a refreshing shake!

No comments:

Post a Comment