Saturday, October 20, 2012

Afternoon Tea at Da.u.de Tea Lounge at Fort

I spent the afternoon today at Da.u.de Tea Lounge sipping tea and snacking on sandwiches and dessert. :) I used my Deal Grocer coupon for High Tea Set for 2 for 800-something instead of 1400 Php.

The place and the ambiance were so nice, but I can't help but feel that only girls will appreciate having "afternoon tea". My sister had the right idea of going there with a female friend in their "sunday dresses".

We had the Skala Fruit Tea in their amazing tea pot (see the pic on how it gets to the glass). For the food, there were madeleines and scones on top; pork banh minh crostinis and roasted vegetable tartines at the middle; and apple strudel, green tea pudding, vanilla ice cream, and macaroons at the bottom.

Overall, I had fun eating there but the food veered towards sweet instead of savory. :) Next time, I'll be going back for the savory food. After leaving, I felt so sleepy after... probably due to sugar crash.

No comments:

Post a Comment