Thursday, November 29, 2012

Griffinsol Drawing

This is something I came up with for work. We needed to enter something with wings that represent our organization (Financial Solutions or Finsol for short). It was presented a few days ago, so now, I'm free to share it - no need to keep it a secret anymore!

"Griffins are usually heroic symbols. They are well known for their speed, ability to fly and having eyes like an eagle, as well as the strength and courage of a lion. In hieroglyphics, griffins represent heat and summer. In Assyria, both the griffin and the dragon were symbols of wisdom. In Roman art, griffins are often pulling the chariot of Nemesis (goddess of justice and revenge)." http://www.kidzworld.com/article/1932-greek-mythology-griffin

For the drawing, I got the inspiration from this site: http://www.elfwood.com/~tnhawke/Griffin-Sketch.3291400.html

I drew it first on paper and then scanned it. After that, I used Paint.NET to add the colors. For the cloud background, that's actually from a photo I took before.





No comments:

Post a Comment