Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Artichoke Cheese Dip!

Because the canned artichokes at home have been left untouched for a long time, my mom asked me to use it soon.

I searched for a recipe... this one is inspired by Chef John's (Food Wishes) Hot Artichoke Dip. I say "inspired", because I don't have all of the same ingredients so it's not an exact copy.

Also, I used the microwave for cooking throughout. :) No oven and stove. In our kitchen, I only know how to get the microwave started.

With the cheese all melted together with the artichoke,  put it in a smaller container and gave it to my parents

Ingredients:
  • 1 can of artichokes, drained and roughly chopped
  • Some leeks, I only had 1/4 cup
  • 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
  • 2 tbsp of butter
  • 3 fresh basil leaves and a few fresh rosemary
  • Half a block of cream cheese, though ideally a full block
  • 1 tbsp of mayonnaise (if you don't have enough cream cheese)
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
  • Half a block of grated cheddar cheese



1) Roughly chop the canned artichokes. 2) Chop the leeks, garlic, rosemary, basil and saute with butter (details below).
3) Mix in everything else. 4) Microwave together until the cheddar melts and keep mixing it all together.

Procedure:
  1. Roughly chop the drained artichokes and put into a mixing bowl.
  2. On a different small microwavable bowl, add in the leeks and butter first and cook in the microwave for 20 seconds. Add the garlic, basil, rosemary into the bowl and microwave for another 20 seconds. When done, pour into the chopped artichokes.
  3. Fold in the cream cheese, mayo (optional), parmesan cheese, and cheddar cheese. Make sure everything is mixed well.
  4. Microwave together for 1 minute until the cheddar melts. Mix it all together so the cheese mixture becomes smooth.
  5. To serve, transfer into a small bowl. Ideally, I should have put it in a small ramekin and added some extra cheese on top for presentation purposes, but I didn't have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment