Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My Niece's Make A Ballerina Frame

My niece brought over her new toy, called "Make A Ballerina Frame". Essentially, it's a small picture frame that you can make from plaster. The box contains a packet of plaster, mold, paint, brush, adhesives, cardboard, and glitter.

Tips when making this:

  • Use half of the plaster powder. You don't need the entire thing for such a small container. We ended up wasting the other half, when we could have just made 2 frames.
  • Check the bottom of the container if there are bubbles. Having bubbles prevents that "smooth" look. Tapping the container carefully removes the bubbles. Just be careful not to spill.
  • We used clear nail polish on some areas to highlight and so that the glitters stick on it. It adds to the sparkle. ;)
  • The adhesives don't stick too hard. It didn't help that my niece kept touching the adhesives so it lost some of its stickiness. Maybe use mighty bond so the back really sticks.

It brought out the OC-ness in me, which didn't go so well with my niece because I got too overbearing that she cried when I got upset over the glitter mess... (meanie!) Next time, i'll keep my hands to myself and help her only when she asks for it.

See photos below:

After getting it out of the mold, we weren't able to get rid of some of the edges


My niece painting, snug on the floor
This is how I guess it's supposed to look like

The finished product! Cute shiny ballerina! No photo yet. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment