Sunday, January 27, 2013

Trying out the Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette

When I got home from playing Kinect with my friends, I saw my brother preparing salad greens. He didn't have any dressing yet. I thought to myself: "Why not make the roasted garlic vinaigrette dressing that I saw from Gordon Ramsay's show?"

But then at this moment, i didnt have the recipe. I found a version from another blog here in Fat Girl Trapped in a Skinny Body. I used that as a guide.


Salad greens, sliced strawberries, blocks of cheddar, and roasted garlic vinaigrette

Here's what I ended up using and how it ended up...



The ingredients

Ingredients for the Roasted Garlic Dressing:
  • 1 whole head of garlic
  • 1/8 cup of apple cider vinegar
  • 1/8 cup of maple syrup (it should be honey, but we only had this)
  • 1/4 cup of olive oil
  • small squeeze of mustard (just a little bit, optional)
  • A pinch of salt
  • A dash of pepper

How to:

  1. Slice the garlic in half cross-wise, brush the top with olive oil. Sprinkle some salt and pepper and cover with aluminum foil. Covering it with aluminum foil helps the heat get evenly distributed and prevents the garlic from being "crunchy" after being cooked.
  2. Put it in the oven for 25 minutes (in our case, we used the toaster). When it's done, wait for it to cool before touching. Make sure the garlic is golden brown.
  3. When it was done, we took out the garlic meat and mixed it in with the rest of the liquid ingredients. The garlic meat got smashed and the whole thing became creamier.
  4. Pour it on top of the salad greens and toss!


1) Prepare the garlic for baking 2) Bake the garlic for 25 minutes 3) Mix it all in together with the garlic 4) Chopped up cheddar cheese and strawberries for the salad.

Here's my brother's plate! For the salad, I wished we added something crunchy like nuts or bacon... the cheese and strawberries weren't enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment