Monday, September 10, 2012

My Chili Babies

Just sharing pictures of my habanero chili plants. *proud*

We got the seeds around October 2011. It's been a challenge getting them to grow, with my lack of experience in planting. The growing process has been too long, because it took a year to get to this point when it should have been 4 months.

I didn't even know they were habaneros until I searched for chili pictures to compare with!

Getting these to grow has been fulfilling. There are only a few of them that have survived. Now, there are already 3 fruits (There's only 2 in the pictures).

They're supposed to turn red/orange before I pick them off. I've read that it takes quite a while. I can't wait to try these! :)

See the photos taken in July-Sept 2012:

The chili bloom

After getting pollinated, the petals should fall off (yes, the yellow thing is a pencil)
Then it starts to grow bigger (the white bubbles on the leaf is soap-bubbles)

...until it becomes about THIS big.

No comments:

Post a Comment