Friday, September 28, 2012

REALLY Quick Salad Dressing

I've been eating those Goolai Salads they sell in convenience stores for a while now. You know how big they are right?

I found that if I get the ones with the creamy dressing, I can't finish the salad. But if I get the vinagrette dressings, i can finish the whole thing!

I get tired of eating halfway through if it's the creamy dressing ("suya" in Tagalog). I also feel that it's a lot heavier in a not so good icky way.

So now, we have the caesar salad version at home. The dressing wasn't actually creamy, but it "feels/tastes" the same as the creamy ones like the ranch dressing. I wanted to give it a shot so i put in 1/4 (roughly 2 tablespoons)... i still found myself getting "suya".

How to: I grabbed some extra virgin olive oil, drizzled a bit. I added a splash of white vinegar (I used Datu Puti brand). I also added a little bit of chili-onion-infused vinegar (it's just vinegar that had chili and chopped onions mixed in). I tossed it all in.

It turned out well! My brother said it was refreshing. :)

There you have it! Vinegar + Olive Oil. REALLY quick salad dressing!

No comments:

Post a Comment